How to claim this offer
Terms and conditions
About Marwell Zoo
- Wheel Chair Accessible venue
- Wheel Chair Accessible Entrance
- Wheelchair Loan
- The main entrance is situated at the front of the zoo. There are no steps leading down to it but there is a gradual paved descent.
- There is a rail available to hold on to.
- The ground throughout this area is level and there is a long ledge for resting.
- All admission desks are suitable for wheelchair users even though they are at the standard height.
- There are wheelchairs available to hire if booked in advance on 01962 777407. This is a free service; however, there is a £20 refundable deposit to be paid in cash.
- Blue Badge
- Designated Disabled Parking
- Drop-off Area
There are two disabled parking areas, one is paved with tarmac and the other is gravel.
There is a drop off point available situated on the roundabout directly outside the entrance. However, there is no dropped curb.
There is a large car park area close to the entrance of the park. Although, during busy times, an overflow car park is open which is a longer walk to the entrance.The car park surface varies from tarmac, to gravel and to grass. The surface from the car park to the entrance is level but at a slight descent.
Temporary flood lighting is provided during evening visits to Christmas at Marwell.
- Toilet Hoist
- Grab/Drop Down Rails
- Accessible Changing Room With Seat / Rails
- Baby Changing Facilities
There are five different locations in the park for public toilets. The toilets are the Penguin toilets, the Cafe Graze toilets, the Tiger toilets, the Fur, Feathers & Scales toilets and the snow leopard toilets.
- In addition to this, toilets are available at our main gift shop on request.
- Marwell Wildlife is the UK’s first zoological park and Hampshire’s first ever visitor attraction to open a ‘Changing Places’ toilet. This is located at the snow leopard toilets and is accessible with a Radar key.
- There is an accessible toilet at each location, with wider doors. At the Cafe Graze disabled toilet there is a cord to pull which raises an alarm in the event of an emergency.
- Most entries to the public toilets are on level ground with no steps but some are on gravel. The toilets by Penguin Cove are at the top of a hill. There are no steps, lift, or escalators for this.
- The width for the public toilet doors are 950mm – tiger toilets may be a little narrower.
- The height between the floor and the seat in the WC is 450mm.
- There are vertical and horizontal grab rails located in all the disabled WC’s.
- The WC’s are well lit with phosphorescence.
- The types of taps that are used in the WC’s are lever taps and push taps, easily turned on and off.
- Wheelchair Access to Outdoor Areas
- Hearing loop
- Hearing loops are available at the admissions area, reception and in our gift shop. Please let us know if you find they are not working. We also have a mobile hearing loop available for our daily talks. Please let our admissions team know on arrival if you would like our team to provide this on the day of your visit.
- Signs located around the park are clear, colourful, informative and easy to read.
- There is currently no Braille available but there is an mp3 sensory trail available to download on their website and an audio tour on the Marwell Zoo app – free to download for iphones and androids.
- Guide Dogs Welcome
There is no background music around the park or flashing lights, although sound effects are used at admissions, in our gift shop and at Wild Explorers.
- There are two small televisions that play videos on repeat at Savannah Tracks, two large display screens in Wild Explorers, and also in Tropical House.
For more information please see Marwell's Guests with access needs page.
Thompsons Lane Colden Common
Winchester, SO21 1JH