Children’s Disability Register and i-go FAQs

These are some of the questions we get asked the most.

Why have a Children’s Disability Register?

All local authorities in England have a duty to keep a Children’s Disability Register.

What is it used for?

The register is a list of children and young people in East Sussex who have special educational needs and disabilities. The information helps us build a picture about the need for services and can help us with planning. We can also share useful information with you through our monthly newsletter Parent Voice.

Do I have to register?

No, registration is voluntary. We encourage registration because this helps give a true picture of children and young people with special needs in East Sussex.

Who manages the register?

The disability register is managed by the i-go team who are part of Children’s Services in East Sussex County Council.

What happens to my information?

Your personal details are held securely by i-go under strict Data Protection laws and are not shared.

Can I remove myself from the Children’s Disability Register?

If, for any reason you wish to be removed from the register, just contact us and let us know. Your information will automatically be removed from the register on reaching age 26.

If I opt-out of the register can I keep my i-go card?

Unfortunately not, the register is voluntary but you need to be on it to enjoy the benefits of the i-go card scheme.

I am nearly 16 years old - do you need my consent to be on the register?

Yes, before your 16th birthday we will send you a consent form. This will need to be completed and returned to us within 28 days.

If parents/carers have concerns over the capacity of the young person to give consent a separate option for renewing consent will be provided.

What is the i-go card that you offer?

i-go is a free leisure discount card which gives you special offers and help with planning your visits to local leisure attractions.

Will I need to renew my i-go Leisure card?

Yes, we will send out reminders before you turn 4, 11 and 16 years of age, this is because your circumstances may change.