The Santa’s Grotto Experience at Borde Hill
Sat 9 Dec - Sun 10 Dec
Kick-start the festive season with a visit to see the Santa in his magical grotto. Santa has taken time out of his mince-pie packed schedule to meet and greet families at Borde Hill.
Festive Fun in Santa’s Workshop
Lucky ticket holders will be greeted by one of Santa’s elves who will take them through to their Workshop. This is where the festive fun begins! Here young visitors can:
- Craft a delightful decoration to take home and hang on their Christmas tree
- Colour in a festive door hanger so Santa knows where to stop
- Make reindeer food to help guide Santa’s sleigh right to their doorstep.
Visit Santa in his Grotto
On the ring of Santa’s bell, it’s time to meet the man himself. One of his merry elves will lead each family through to his magical grotto, where children will have their special moment with Santa. He will be ready to listen to their Christmas wishes before giving out a present to each child.
Good to know
- Each 30 minute session is for a group of 15 children
- The festive craft activities will take place as a group
- Each child and their accompanying adult(s) will see Santa one by one to receive their present.
- The event will be in the Garden Marquee, which will be decorated to provide a magical setting
- The tickets include same-day entry to the Garden and Adventure Playground so the festive fun can continue all day long.
- All visits to Santa’s Grotto must be pre-booked in advance.
- Tickets include entry for 1 child and 1 supervising adult only.
- Due to limited space, 1 additional adult can enter the Grotto for an extra charge of £5.75 (maximum 2 adults).
- Please arrive at least 5 minutes before your session and sign in at Visitor Reception – late arrivals may result in entry being refused.
- Please present your ticket, either on your phone, or a paper copy, on arrival.
About Borde Hill
Most paths in the formal Garden are step-free and accessible to those with restricted mobility. Gentle slopes, hard surfaces and gravel paths allow good wheelchair access and mobility maps are available from Visitor Reception.
There are plenty of benches located around the Garden for relaxing and taking in the sights should you want to stop for a rest.
The Parkland and Woodland have naturally uneven terrain making them unsuitable for wheelchairs.
There are a limited number of standard and all-terrain wheelchairs available to borrow from Visitor Reception. If you’d like to reserve one ahead of your visit please ring 01444 450326.
- Blue Badge
- Drop-off Area
The car park surface is gravelled with designated spaces for blue badge holders located close to the Garden entrance. There is also a drop off point directly in front of the Visitor Reception building.
- Accessible Toilets
- Baby Changing Facilities
An accessible toilet can be found behind the main Garden entrance and Visitor Reception building which includes an emergency pull cord for use if you need assistance. This toilet also has baby changing facilities.
- Guide Dogs Welcome
Assistance dogs on leads are welcome in the Garden, Parkland, Woodland and Adventure Playground.
Borde Hill Garden Borde Hill Garden
Haywards Heath, RH16 1XP