Armed Forces Day with Invicta Military Vehicles
Sat 24 Jun - Sat 24 Jun
Learn all about the armed forces and the invicta military vehicles at Newhaven fort.
Newhaven Fort, Wave Leisure Trust
i-go offer: free entry and up to four carers pay only £2.25 each is included for this event.
Show i-go card on entry.
Terms and conditions
Offer is not to be used with any other offer.
About Newhaven Fort, Wave Leisure Trust
At Newhaven Fort there's lots to explore including vast, echoing tunnels built into the chalk cliffs, and the ramparts found in the 10 acre-site. There’s also an on-site military museum that includes a recreated Air Raid shelter and an outdoor playground.
Wave Leisure Trust is a charitable not-for-profit Trust working to inspire active lifestyles through providing high quality, affordable and accessible health and fitness facilities and activities for our community.
Learn more about Newhaven Fort, Wave Leisure Trust
Mobility and/or building
- Wheel Chair Accessible venue
- Wheel Chair Accessible Entrance
- The Fort was built in the 18th century so physical access is limited in some areas
- The exhibition rooms all have ramps, are wheelchair accessible and are all on one level
- The shop and cafe are wheelchair accessible
- The tunnels and ramparts are not wheelchair accessible
- The Caponier has 72 stairs to the bottom
- The South of the Fort is up a hill including the Grand Magazine (wheelchair access from the second entrance) and the ramparts
Disabled Parking & Drop-off
- Designated Disabled Parking
- There are 2 allocated accessible car parking bays in the moat (just outside the main entrance).
- Visitors should follow the signs up Fort Rise rather than following signs to the general car park.
- Drop off and pick up access into the fort is immediately outside the entrance tunnel – please call ahead for assistance.
- There is a slope up and down to enter from both the main car park (fairly steep 30 metre slope downwards)
- The accessible bays (more gentle slope upwards) with no rails and the entrance for all is up a slope through a wide high tunnel (including the drop off point)
- Accessible Toilets
- Grab/Drop Down Rails
- Baby Changing Facilities
- The accessible toilet is in the Tea Room
- Baby changing table is in the accessible toilet
The introductory film can be played with subtitles. Please speak to a member of staff at the entrance if you would like these switched on.
- Guide Dogs Welcome
- There are flashing lights
- There can be sudden loud noise
- We have characters in costumes
- When you buy your tickets ask for a special i-go map which highlights the exhibition rooms that are particularly noisy/dark/have flashing lights.
- During special events there can be gunfire, see website or call for more information
- There can be flashing lights in the air raid shelter (not strobe lighting)
- The 1st World War room entrance near the Caponier is dark - Please use the other entrance if you wish to avoid this
- There can be people in costume on special event days, normally heads aren't covered. Halloween costumes are used. Please see website or phone to ask for more information
Newhaven, BN9 9DS